Friday, May 29, 2009

Calvary Outfitters - May Meeting Notes

Our May meeting, featuring David Knapp focused on midge fishing for trout. David did an excellent job of enlightening us on the life-cycle of a midge and which stages are important to the trout fisherman. Science and biology can be fun - especially if it helps us catch fish. After learning a bit about the midge itself David discussed tactic for fishing the midge - size, types, and techniques. And trust me, any man brave enough to fish a three fly rig is worthy of our attention. Once David completed his presentation we moved on to actually tying a midge. I checked all the vises and there did appear to be tiny little somethings with thread on them so apparently we were successful. I do know that I personally ordered some micro-tubing this morning.
- I now fully expect the group to go out an now become expert midge fishermen.
Our sincere thanks to David for making the long journey to the "Boro" to help us out.

Scripture for our Devotion was 1 Corinthians 10:13 (New International Version)
13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

1 comment:

David Knapp said...

Thanks again for having me...I had a good time!