Friday, May 15, 2009

Calvary Outfitters - Three Tips for May

1. Rain, Rain Go Away - OK I think we'll all agree that we've had enough water here in Middle Tennessee. It appears to be slowing down (As I write this another thunderstorm has dumped another 1/2 inch on us). Someday soon the rains will stop, the generators will turn off and we will be wading our favorite streams once again. When that happens -be very careful - the river bottom you thought you knew will have changed so watch your step.

2. Warranties -worth their weight in gold. I just sent back to the factory an Orvis rod I have because the reel seat was slipping and I couldn't tighten my reel. One week later the rod came back with a new reel seat and cork. Total cost - shipping to Orvis. Orvis isn't the only company that has warranties -I've had two other warranty claims on rods one through Cabela's and the other through TFO -both of which worked out just fine. Just a thought as you add to or update your gear.

3. Proverbs 27:14 If you wake your friend early in the morning by shouting, "Rise and Shine!" It will sound to him more like a curse than a blessing.

Have an great month, "And May God Bless".

No comments: